Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dear Blog-o-sphere

Again, I've gone off the grid.  I know that at this point, there aren't many people out there who are checking this regularly, and it's my own fault for being such a bad poster in the past couple of months.  This has been what can be referred to as a "transitional time" in my life, and also one of the most hectic semesters that I have ever had.  I've had a million huge projects to do for my classes, races every weekend, and next week, I head to Oregon for Cyclocross Nationals.  I can't believe it's only 8 days away!

I've been making a lot of big life decisions lately.  First, I thought about just finishing the teaching certification program.  Then, I wanted to do Teach for America.  Then, I decided to forget the certification and just get my Masters this Spring.  But...

I decided the most rational course of action: I'm going to take the one class I need to take in the Spring to start my student teaching in the Fall, but rather than starting in the Fall with student teaching, I'm going to defer for a year, and try to find a full time job in journalism, or at least focus on freelancing, working to save money, and of course, focus on my racing.  I'll move back to my parent's house, unless I find a full time job in NYC.  This way, I'll save money, be able to race and really see how far I can go with that, and really explore my options for that year.  If I don't find a full time job I love after that year, I'll start at Rutgers again and finish student teaching and get my certification and Masters.

I'm feeling pretty good about this plan, it definitely seems like the most realistic plan, and the most rational, since it gives me time to figure out what it is that I want to do, since lately I've been kind of freaking out about all of my options.  It's been a rough couple of months, personally.

Race-wise, it's been pretty awesome and fun.  A few pictures to make this post much less of a bummer:

Super sexy, I know!
I love Pat's face in this picture, watching me take the barrier soooo bad.

At the start at Staten Island!

I look sooooo fast!

Finish at West Point- I got to race with the A/B Men!

Post Race with my fellow racers!

Podium- 1st and 2nd A Men, 1st and 2nd B Men, and 1st and only A woman!

No comments: