Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sick. Not Tired, Just Sick.

Not to be all mope-y, but...

I'm sick.

I'm one of those people who will tough it out normally to hit weekly training totals. But when I'm pretty sure that I coughed up a lung and have a whisper for a voice and am working from 10-10 today tutoring and nannying, I draw the line at waking up at 5:30 for a trainer ride and run. Between that and what I'm pretty sure is a staph infection in my finger that makes it hard to grip handlebars, I'm not in great shape. Then again, neither is any student at Rutgers, as apparently, this is the bug that's going around. Which means the health center is not exactly easy to get an appointment at.

I personally blame Matt. I think my training buddy purposely gave me his bronchitis, or whatever this is, in hopes of a week of no weight sets with me. Hmph.

Seriously though, I'm hoping that a day off will make me at least a bit better so I can get back to training tomorrow. I skipped a swim yesterday too- and while I thought I'd feel great finally getting some time off, it sucks.

Thankfully not training does mean that I have time to get to the health center and use one of their emergency appointments today, so hopefully they can give me some kind of antibiotics or something. I hope. At least, I want to make sure that it's nothing I need medicine for! Also, someone needs to fix my damn finger. It's ridiculous.

Other than that, I'd like to say it's been a great week but it hasn't. Mid run Saturday morning, my mom called to tell me that my aunt- who I was going to see later that day in the hospital- had passed away. So that made for a super fun rest of my run. And of course, the whole week is insane because of nanny and tutor obligations (the nannying is going to be cut back in a couple week but not yet so I'm doing double duty a few days), and now adding in going to the viewing and funeral, and family stuff afterwards. It'll be nice to see my family, even given the circumstances. My aunt had been really sick, so it wasn't a surprise, but she was an incredibly sweet lady who I loved very much, and she will be missed. It's a big comfort to know she had been in pain and now she isn't, and now she's with her sister, my grandmother, in heaven.

It's a tough week, to sum up.

So now, I'm going to get up, clean up, and head for the health center. Wish me luck...

5 comments:

Mike Russell said...

You are having a tough week, no doubt about it. Hopefully they can give you some antibiotics for that infection. When you get to the Health Center, tell someone you feel like you are going to pass out -- that will get you to the front of the line...

Anonymous said...

I love the title of your blog and I am a fellow RU student!!!

Let yourself get well so you can return to kicking butt!!!

Molly said...

haha yeah i said i had respiratory issues and apparently they're having a pneumonia issue around here so i got in quick. luckily, it's probably just a sinus infection. yay!


and oh my gosh, a female rutgers triathlete! very exciting for me...

i will take one rest day and return to training tomorrow. at least, hopefully...

m said...

No reason to tough it out to hit a weekly number. Feel better.

Missy said...

Suckitude! Hopefully, you're getting some good treatment. Be careful, I got pneumonia this year but jumped on it EARLY.