Wednesday, June 16, 2010

(Bad News)

While it seems like I'm chock full of good news these days, a lot of why I haven't been posting much has to do with the bad news. Because as we all know, you can't have the good without the bad. So, without further ado, here it is!

1. Asthma: I need to go to a doctor to look into the possibility that I have exercise induced asthma, like I had when I was a kid (luckily, when I was young I was anti-sports, so it was never really much of an issue). However...

2. I don't have health insurance at the moment. My school has a policy that I had been using but it looks like I may be able to get on my Dad's plan since I'll be a full time student in the Fall. But right this second, I am un-covered. This whole insurance issue came about because...

3. I have this charming problem on my inner lip where a membrane went kind of nuts. The oral surgeon told me that I needed surgery, but the day before I was supposed to have it, the thing disappeared on it's own. I was obviously happy, since it was going to cost about $700 to get fixed. However, it seems like it might possibly be coming back. So right now I'm a little on edge about that. And on that same note, I had to take Robbie to the doctor yesterday about a rash that we both seem to have on our hands and elbows. The doctor had the worst possible news...

3. It seems that we still have a bedbug problem in our apartment (thank you guys on the first floor who brought it into our house). Last time, they didn't seem to bother me, just Robbie. Either they've evolved and gotten really angry, or suddenly I'm a whole lot tastier, because now they're going for me too. And naturally this is happening after the warranty on the exterminator who supposedly got rid of the damn things the first time has already lapsed. Granted, our landlord is the one who pays for it, but still, that sucks. Also, now it looks like we have to again tear everything in our apartment apart, clean and re-wash everything, and this time, we can't use my parent's washer/dryer so we have to take everything to the laundromat. I'm not looking forward to living out of bags again, but luckily I can go stay at the parent's for the days that we're banned from the apartment without it being a huge hassle. It's not like I'll be missing much, since...

4. It seems like everyone except Charlie (and my new pals Andy and Konrad) is gone for the summer. Matt is in MA doing a theater internship, Mark is all over the place, and even Charlie is at his parent's house most of the time, so there aren't too many people to hang out with on nights Robbie's at work, which also sucks because...

5. Robbie's schedule is literally the opposite of mine. He works Mon-Wed nights, I work Wed 8-5, and then on Thurs and Fri. Of course, this schedule won't last forever, which is kind of bad because starting in July, I'll be working a whole lot less since...

6. The kids I nanny for are moving a month earlier than planned, which leaves me with a huge chunk of the summer where I don't have enough time to find another job, but I could really use one. I'm talking to one of the mother's of a kid in Ella's class about sitting for her, but it won't be the same. And I'm gonna miss my kids!!

So, that's the long and short of it. It's been a frustrating couple of days, just a whole lot of stuff piling up on me at once. We'll manage to get through it and everything, it just seems like the universe is lined up against us at the moment.

Still, I was reading my old zine that I wrote about 4 years ago, and my New Year's Resolution for that year was sort of the theme of the issue. The resolution was to STAY POSI. So I'm attempting to do so, tough as it may be.

No comments: