Thursday, October 1, 2009

Off Week

Well, not totally off. Only one Master Swim instead of 2, yoga, half the weight sets, and the only biking I've done is to and from classes (though that's a good 30-90 minutes a day) and to and from 'cross practice without actually practicing.

It's been tough. I don't sleep as well when I'm not working out as much, and my eating habits feel all off. It'll be nice to get back to my normal schedule soon, but I know I needed to rest after that race and after that season before I could really think about starting to build even more. Volume isn't always a good thing, no matter how much I like to think that it is.

I've also had a lot going on with work this week as well, so it's good timing, I suppose. And I've been trying to figure out a lot of boring stuff with my USAT rankings, training plans, and all that fun stuff.

Until today, only 2 of my races were appearing as USAT rankings, one race for midatlantic region and one for national. The weird part is that they were different races- strange. Now that all but one of my races is ranked in the midatlantic region, I'm ranked as 9th in my age group in the region! (And I'm still trying to figure out how to get another 1st place AG/4th overall race added to it. Yeesh.)

So if I can get my national rankings fixed, I'll be the happiest girl around.

In the meantime, it's time for yoga and a short run. Maybe. If I feel like it. (Which I probably will...)

2 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Its good for some rest. I am enjoying mine.

I have been thinking of trying yoga once every other week. I am looking into some fun stuff to try out in the off season.

Molly said...

Try yoga! I can't recommend it enough. I'm actually thinking about picking up a class in addition to the hour I do at home a week.