Monday, December 21, 2009

Happenings...

My new tattoo:

If you're confused, you've never been to a 'cross race, or any cycling race. But...

The Rutgers Cyclocross team wanted to get tattoos to commemorate the time we've spent together on the team, and how awesome we've done, all our hard work, and of course, our friendship. It's a team thing.

We didn't want a bike, or a Rutgers emblem, or anything really obvious. Someone mentioned the cowbell, and it seemed perfect. Especially appropriate for us, since the trophy for winning the ECCC overall for cyclocross is a huge cowbell that we've now had for 4 years. I'll get pictures of all of us with our sweet tats when I can, but I wanted to show that I'm still alive.

It's been a couple of rest weeks for me, so I've been remiss in blogging simply because I don't want to be tempted to start training without recovering as much as I should.

3 comments:

Mike Russell said...

Love the ink. Unique tats are the way to go. That is one that you will always look at and smile instead of thinking of it as, "A permanent reminder of temporary insanity."

Molly said...

oh my god, i love that sentiment!! when i got my first, my dad called and told me it was a "permanent reminder of a temporary feeling" and quoted jimmy buffet lyrics at me, but then admitted that he really liked it. he loves the cowbell, he might even get one because he's basically the team dad.

Missy said...

Nice ink! We need more...MOLLY. I guess that's how it will go, now, right?