Sunday, January 24, 2010

Goooood Weekend!

So, we had our first long ride of the season, around 60 or so miles, in really crappy 35 degree weather where it was drizzling the whole time. Nonetheless, I had a great time. I stayed with the lead group the whole time without feeling like I was pushing too much. It was fantastic!

We hit one hill and it was pretty freaking steep, but it didn't seem too bad to me. We got to the top and Charlie just yells "Wait, Molly's big-ringing it!" Then they spent the rest of the time asking if I was on steroids. I blame the gym sessions with Matt. And yes, he's still willing to work out with me, despite my bullying tactics in the gym and my epic crashes on the road. We're both getting into really awesome shape, and I'm feeling great.

So after the long ride, we went home, cleaned up, and I rocked the compression socks on a trip to the dining hall (thank you for the guest swipe!) to load up on food after a 4.5 hour ride. This was amazing because the guys were talking about how tough the ride had been and how they felt like crap during parts of it but I had had an amazing easy time! I really can't believe how good I felt on a ride that apparently was pretty tough, so I'm pretty proud of myself, and it shows that clearly my coach is right on the money with my training plan.

Then, home to grocery shop and do an hour of yoga-lates (yoga and pilates combination). The stretching felt great!

Yesterday, I had an awesome hour and a half run- my longest in quite some time- after an hour and a half bike ride, and it was great. I ran through the park and then into my old neighborhood. I saw kids riding bikes outside like I used to do when I was a little kid.

1 comment:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

HAHAHAHA big ringing it!!! I love it, your such a rockstar!!