Friday, July 17, 2009

Thank God It's Friday

I can't remember the last time I was this happy about having a rest day. Yeesh! It has just been one tiring week, and I had to just push through it knowing that starting Monday I'll be taking it easy and getting ready for next weekend.

Wednesday I went on a run through Duke Island Park, which was really pretty but a little small for an hour long run- I kept looping, which I hate to do. Other than some minor stomach issues, I was having a great run. That was followed by a lovely Team Somerset barbeque and a relaxing night.

Thursday I was supposed to run with Pete in the morning, and for our warmup I felt pretty good. We decided to do some hill fartleks, and for the first half mile I was fine. Then, I was just totally beat. I have no idea why, I guess it was a combination of the humidity and such intense training lately but I was just done. In total, we ran about 4 miles before I got back to my house, limped upstairs and sat in a cold shower trying not to puke. It didn't help that I hadn't eaten breakfast for fear of an overactive stomach, so I managed to make some eggs and toast and force them down. After that (and about a gallon of water) I felt a lot better, so I ended up hopping on the trainer for 45 minutes, just trying to spin my legs out a little, make sure all the lactic acid flushed out. Trainer rides have been much better now that we have a TV and I can watch my Tenth Kingdom DVD (looong made for tv movie from a few years ago. It's amazing!) Or sometimes I watch Robbie play video games. The characters running are actually great to make me move faster, though Robbie gets annoyed with all of the sweating and the whirring from the trainer. Still, Blake once made a good point: if Robbie ever gets annoyed with my training, all I really need to do is point out that there's no way my butt would look this good without it!

Anyway... Robbie and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie, and I was super excited about it- I'm the biggest HP nerd ever, and the only reason we missed the midnight showing was because of work, and because if we waited we could get in free at a theater his brother works at. Honestly, the movie was a huge letdown. I actually felt bad for draggin Robbie to see it, since I knew he wasn't crazy about HP or anything. Plus, it really couldn't stand alone, so unless you had seen the most recent one in the past couple months, you were a little lost- and if, like Robbie, you'd only seen it once and hadn't paid attention, you really had no idea what was happening. Lame! All over, I give it a C-, and that's generous.

Tomorrow is off to Long Beach Island for a family weekend that will primarily be swimming, biking and running for me. Also, hoping to get at least some semblance of a tan on my pathetically white stomach. I can't wait!

No comments: