Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Long Time, No Blog

Yeesh. It hasn't even been terribly busy, yet somehow haven't found time to write anything since Friday. This weekend was super-rushed, which kind of sucked as the last race-free weekend for a while. But busy in a good way, at least!

Went riding from Flemington to Lambertville and back on Saturday with Marcos. Lots of rolling hills, so it was a great chance to get some hill work in, and it was actually pretty warm out. It was a surprisingly good ride for me, considering between crashes and leg problems, I hadn't ridden outside on my road bike for a couple of weeks (of course, I rode a lot outside just going between campuses on my mountain bike.)

Then, went and got my hair done. I'm pretty happy about how it turned out! (It's still wet in this picture, but you get the general idea.)

Funny enough, no one on the bike team noticed a difference. Then I realized most of them haven't ever seen me without a helmet, swimcap, or ponytail.

Robbie and I went to our favorite Indian place for dinner, had samosas, tandoori veggies, and a mango cheesecake! So good...

Sunday, Dad and I went riding Stockton-Frenchtown. It was a lot colder than we realized though, so he ended up turning back earlier, and I was freezing and couldn't feel my toes by the end, thanks to the wind blowing off of the river. Brr!

Then, of course, we went to Panera to warm up with black bean soup and yummy bread before I headed home to hit the stepper for a bit, then shower and sprint out to get to New Brunswick in time for a mandatory Cycling Team meeting. Pat did a little talk afterwards about race techniques, which was really helpful, though I'm maybe more nervous now, trying to keep my mind on strategy, not just riding. Thank God I'm doing Intro for the moment.

Monday was an actual Snow Day! No work, no nothing. So rode the trainer, hung around all day, and headed to the gym at 3:30 (taking an hour to get there on the bus) to lift and do some cardio before meeting a legs-freshly-shaved Don to swim. Good swim, though my arms were pretty tired. It's always better when I swim with someone else, because then I never let my pace get too easy. Had to wait forever to catch a bus home, which was a bummer and my hair froze completely.

But other than that, great day. This morning though, I was on the trainer and my upper thigh cramped a little, so I stopped at an hour instead of an hour and a half, though I'll make it up later. Going to do homework and head over to the Sports Medicine doctor to go over test results and talk about if the marathon is going to be ok for me to try, though I think no matter what, I'm at least going to try.

No comments: