Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's been a hectic few days

But we're almost done moving. Well, at least we have two of the four rooms painted (kitchen, bathroom and stairwell still need to be done) and one of the rooms almost totally set up and decorated and unpacked (Robbie and my room, of course). It is turning out very well though!

It's been really hard to get in decent training since we've been running to and from New Brunswick to our parents houses, plus we've been carrying heavy stuff up and down a ton of stairs, painting, cleaning, et cetera. And we're nowhere near being done with everything that we have to do.

I keep meaning to take pictures, and I promise that they'll be up soon!

Also, I finally got my new frame- Cannondale SuperSix HiMod1. They couldn't replace the frame that I had, so we got it upgraded. I'm riding a bike entirely too expensive for me, given my history of crashing...
Anyway, here it is: (mine doesn't have all the new components, but you get the idea).

So Saturday is the Watermelon Crit at Rutgers and will be my new bike's debut race. I'm pretty nervous about it, since this bike and I have only been on one ride and I'm still nervous about handling such a nice bike. I'm hoping someone can go over the course with me tomorrow or Thursday so I can get a feel for how the bike handles. From what I could tell on my ride, it's pretty amazing.

I've been doing shorter but significantly more intense workouts this week. For example:
1. a 6 mile run (including some hills) in 45 min- 11 minutes off of my old best time
2. a couple short speedwork sessions on the treadmill
3. 45 minute extended weight sets with heavier weights and more legwork
4. Serious hill ride on the new bike, including a crazy downhill so I could get used to riding it
5. Intense 60 minute swim, focusing on taking a breath every 4 strokes instead of 2

I've been doing other stuff too, but those are the noteworthy workouts from the last few days. I wish I had more free time, but with less training, I've been doing better work in the 2-3 hours and making more progress than I was when I was training 4-5 hrs.

My nutrition is still suffering from the lack of groceries in New Brunswick and the tons of yummy junk food at Robbie's parents house. So hopefully now that we're moved in and starting to have a normal schedule it will be easier.

In the meantime, serious focus for 6/13 and Harriman sprint tri. I'm really excited about it and I think it's gonna go great. This weekend, on the other hand, is up in the air...

No comments: