Friday, February 13, 2009

Another Day, Another Bruise

So last night, I brought my bike up to my room for safekeeping, since we're having a party tonight. I know I have a tendency towards falling over when I'm on the bike, but when I'm off of it?! It just seems unfair.

But, klutz that I am, I managed to trip over it, fall into it, and smack my thigh and shoulder (the previously uninjured side) into it. I have a new bruise on my arm, and a huge one on my thigh, complete with swelling. That bike has it in for me, I swear.

In other news, my shoulder is healing but looks gross! I can move it more today, but it hurts to have any cloth over it, hence the sleeveless shirt. My backpack is killing me too, so I'm really glad it's the weekend.

I need to stop getting hurt! My legs look like someone took a bat to them, I have so many damn bruises (and I don't even know where half of them came from!)

Glad it's my rest day. I need pizza and cartoons and sleep. This week I've been so tired, I think a lot of it is from crashing on Tuesday and needing to let my body recover itself from it. Dr. Cohen says that's why I have bruise and pains for so long- simple things take a lot longer to heal when your body is constantly repairing muscles from such high volumes of training to begin with. Yeesh.

On the up side, Robbie and I found out that our public health teacher is a hardcore guy from the heyday of New Brunswick punk, thanks to my Strike Anywhere! sticker on my Nalgene bottle. It was pretty hilarious, having a professor telling us that we should go to his show at the Court Tavern in April. It makes the class infinitely more interesting!

No comments: