Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It Must Be Summer...

I'm wearing shorts. In February. And not just on a run. I'm wearing them just because it's 65 freaking degrees out. Amazing!

My shoulder is killing me, but my knee and legs are feeling ok. I think I'm taking the day off from swimming and going for a ride instead though. I can barely lift stuff with my left arm, let alone swim for an hour. Which makes me mad, but at least it's just a minor shoulder injury, not a leg thing.

Dad came to hang out in the Bruns today, so we went on a 6 mile run (bike for him) and then to Panera with Robbie to get lunch. Nothing like a treat in the middle of the week! I was surprised that the run wasn't painful at all, other than the shoulder pain from moving my arm even a bit as I ran. But my legs were fine, and that's the important part!

Also, my new favorite thing in the world:
Am I ready for racing to start? I have no idea. I can feel myself making huge improvements, and I'm really proud of the progress I've made, but I still have trouble with corners, and while I'm getting better at riding in a pack, I don't know how well I'll be able to when it's actually race conditions. So seeing the date of the first race get closer and closer is scary, especially knowing that once the season starts, it's going to be insane until it's over.

Biking over to the library because I can!

No comments: