Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside

"Why, look, Barnaby, a new recreation enthusiast. We'll start off your workout with vigorous calisthenics executed in rhythmic time with acetate pressings of the new musical craze called jazz. Steak and eggs and eggs and steak
That's what you should have for breakfast
Delicious."
Sometimes I love Family Guy. (I just started writing this as I turned on the TV and that sketch was on. Hilarious.)

Anyway, today was a very snowy day, which kind of was a bummer considering the amazing weather from yesterday. So instead of getting to ride with the team, I watched Frasier for an hour and a half on the trainer in the basement. It wasn't too bad- I lowered my seat and it made a world of difference. All of a sudden, my "nether regions" actually felt ok afterwards! However, my elbows have been hurting me a lot lately from being stressed when I ride. I wonder if there are any exercises for that. I suppose I'll look into it.

I also stole a water bottle holder off a broken bike in the basement, so now I have 2 on my bike!

Chinese food leftovers were a yummy breakfast, but then Robbie and I had to take buses all over campuses because of the snow. However, while waiting for a bus, I was reading for a class and realized I actually love Sherman Alexie, the Native American author. His short stories are great!

Anyway, after classes, I did some Iron Yoga in my room, where I realized, after being on my hands and knees and doing plank pose, that our floor is REALLY dirty. Also, cow pose makes no sense to me- it's when you arch your back down when you're on all fours, usually followed by cat pose, where you arch your back up. I've never seen a cow arch like that. And I'm from Hunterdon County. There used to be a lot of cows.

After that, ate a pb&j sandwich and headed to Chris and Rich's for some serious trainer action. An hour on the trainer, doing some high cadence and interval riding, which was actually a lot of fun. Also, we started watching The Flying Scotsman, which was a really awesome and inspirational movie, though I missed the ending. I love getting to spend time with people when I'm training, be it a road, pool or attic.

And oh man- Saturday and Sunday should be between 45 and 60 degrees! I'm definitely going to try for 100 miels on Sunday, and certainly at least a 15 mile run Saturday.

Time for brownies and some homework.

No comments: