Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Legs Hurt. A lot.

So yesterday I was out on a 2 hr run with Dad along the Delaware. About an hour in, my stomach started giving me some serious trouble, causing some rather interesting moments. After "taking care of business," I started running again, but a couple minutes later, my legs started to cramp up. Within another minute, I was standing hand on my knees crying because they hurt so much. I didn't think I'd finish the run. "I never thought I'd ever say this, but I don't think I can finish."

Dad was about to ride back to get the truck and come get me, and that was when I guess I sort of snapped. "Dammit, I'm getting back to Stockton [7 miles] if I have to crawl."

We started jogging very slowly, picked the pace up, and kept going. We made it about a mile before I stopped to walk because of the cramping. It took about an hour and a half, but we made it back to Stockton. Honestly, I didn't think I was going to make it, but that's what pride and stupidity will do to you.

My legs barely worked for hours afterwards, but today I'm walking fine. It hurts a little, but not too bad. Riding sucked though. Instead of going out for a 75 mile ride again, I barely made it on the trainer for 30 minutes. So I did weights for another 30 minutes and called it a day.

It's frustrating, but I guess this week I'll take it easy. I'm sure a lot of the cramping is from such high volume training, but I wish my legs would give me some advance warning. As it is, the cramping comes on very hard for a while and then fades away, no warning light cramping beforehand to let me know to slow it down a little. What a hassle.

On the up side, I'm super psyched to swim tomorrow, since I have the greatest swimsuit of all time. (Pictures hopefully to come asap!)

I also have a lot of stuff to think about in terms of the rest of my life. New propositions came about today and gave me a ton of food for thought. Lots of very big legit triathlon ideas, teaching ideas, and serious living stuff. Very serious, very scary stuff. Ha, and here I was psyched to be graduating and finally having my cell phone repaired.

In the meantime, since Valentine's Day was spent at a punk show Robbie's brother was putting on, I'm gorging on chocolate and relaxing the rest of today.

No comments: