Friday, January 9, 2009

A Legacy

I was thinking in bed last night about the support systems necessary to be able to survive as a triathlete. My mom and my dad's parents and siblings were super supportive of him, and now my boyfriend and my parents and sister are my support group. While all the science of how to train and what shoes to wear and stuff like that may change, I love that at the core of the sport, the same tenants apply.

This was one of my dad's first races... note that I'm in the picture as well- just check my mom's stomach! She was 8 1/2 months pregnant at the time.

My support team now- mom again, plus Robbie and my sister, Colleen. Dad is taking the picture and running around trying to find good spots to get shots of me running.

1 comment:

m said...

A great support crew is always important! Great pictures.

It looks like we may be doing some of the same races this year--NJ State and Skylands.