Saturday, January 17, 2009

Life in Pictures...

So yesterday, I was supposed to be going on a long run, but my knee and leg weren't to happy with me or the cold, so we cut it short at only thirty minutes and I took the rest of the day off. On the up side, it felt better as soon as I warmed up. So I think it's getting much better.

I spent a lot of the day making a ton of corn muffins to freeze and use for a while, since my semester and serious training start Tuesday. I'm excited, but nervous.

My Muffins:
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup milk
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin pan or line with paper muffin liners.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add egg, oil and milk; stir gently to combine. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
  3. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
Anyway, I also went to the thrift shop and got a great old seventies crock pot- soup making time!!

I need to find some vegetarian recipes for it- maybe cooking quinoa in it would work- I have a huge bag of it that I need to cook at some point. I just haven't liked the taste of it every other time I've cooked it.

Today, I went down and worked out in my little basement gym, since Blake had to work and couldn't ride. Just as well- I was going to watch Frasier episodes while I rode but the disk wasn't working, so I was listening to music instead, and I was sprinting and going really hard for an hour, just dripping sweat everywhere- it felt so good! Then I did 30 min of weights and bosu ball stuff in our living room- I admit, I'll miss being able to do an entire workout in the house, since in New Brunswick, there's no room anywhere to do that.

My basement gym:
My weights and Bosu are upstairs, but you get the picture. Nothing fancy, but I love it!

Speaking of which, the bike is calling to me, so I'm off for another hour or hour and a half. Hopefully dad will grace me with his presence so I'm not stuck alone the whole time. It'll be weird not having him around to work out all the time, I have to admit.

No comments: